Logo

2000 Quicksilver 3000 classic controller

Markvan

I can't get my controller to go into throttle only. I can push the button in but the lever will not move. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Mark

Sounds ike your button is worn out. Removal from the bulkhead is a task in itself and it has to be removed to get the two halves apart so that you can inspect the shifter disconnector. There are 2 or 3 screws holding it and the screws are under things as I recall...one of the things may be the shift throttle lever itself...... To get it off, put the throttle at the WOT position and look up under the handle where it pivots.....where is a set screw there that unlocks it......yeah right....in comes corrosion and out comes the hack saw to saw the control and shaft off........

Good luck....I have one now and it still works but when it goes kaput, in goes a Commander 2000 with a fast idle lever on top, nice and easy...No more !@#$%^&*()_+ black button to push. When I bought mine for my last boat, it was about $275 with electrical cables, 8 pin connector to fit my 75-125 HP (and surely other) engines.....shift and throttle cables fit either.

Last edited:
Back