Logo

OMC Cobra Transom mount

Mandango

I have a 1995 190 Horizon Four Winns with a 5 ltr engine and OMC Cobra Sterndrive. Tag says product number 3868156

I hit a deadhead on the river this past week end and broke the transom mount on the back of the boat, picture is attached. From what I can tell fiberglass is good. I have filed an insurance claim and need to get an estimate but can not find a service department that will even look at it for at least 6 weeks. Doing my own research it does not look like the parts that I need may no longer be available. Will consider used parts if I knew where to look.

If the parts are not available I may consider repowering the boat. It is actually in really great shape other than this issue. Not sure what any of this cost and realize that there may be more issues but I have to start someplace. If the boat is not worth repairing I would like to find out now and not go the entire summer with out a boat.

I have also attached a breakdown that I could find online with the part circled, like I said I know that there is more parts needed but looking to start someplace.

Thanks for any help I can get.

Attachments

• 20210607_104644_resized_1.jpg
    20210607_104644_resized_1.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Breakdown Cobra S Transom.pdf
    706.2 KB · Views: 35
Looks like you mainly need a gimbal housing. Surf on over to ebay and search omc cobra. you'll find what you need. Looks like $400 is the going rate for the whole shebang. You just swap your drive over to the replacement gimbal housing along with new bellows and some other bits

Last edited:
OK something is odd here.
firstly, any OMC Cobra from 1994 and up is the same as a Volvo Penta SX, all the parts and parts #s were the same. The only differences were that the OMC units had an OMC style model numbering system and the Volvo units has Volvo style model numbers.
And, the OMC units were charcoal grey (like your trim rams and transom mount) and Volvo was light grey (like your swivel housing, pivot housing and drive). I think somewhere along the way, your boat had a similar incident and those parts were replaced with Volvo parts, because of the color. So the whole works, can be done with Volvo SX parts. Thats good for you because they are generally available. Not cheap but available.

Back