Logo

1992 9.9 Johnson wiring issue J10EENA Electric start

Terry J

I have an issue of my own making.
I recently removed the power head of my 9.9 Johnson to check the gromments on the water tubes on the inner exhaust tube.
I had to remove some wires off the terminal box to get the power head off and neglected to mark the wires for future reconnection because I just knew I could remember where they went.
There are 5 red wires that connect to the terminal block along with the wires from the rectifier. I left the rectifier wires connected to the block.
I need help determining where these 5 wires go.
One heavy gauge wire routes around the left side of the motor around the back to the block from the starter solenoid. Another heavy gauge wire routes down the right side of the motor from the other big terminal connection on the starter solenoid. The positive battery cable is also on that terminal.
One red wire runs from rectifier. One from the neutral safety switch and the other red wire from the kill switch at the front of the motor above the hold down clamps.
Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated

Terry J

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Will this help you any? Just looked around in my files.....don't have much to go on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210609-180752.jpg
    Screenshot_20210609-180752.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 18
I looked around and couldn't find the bottom portion. How's your imagination? Maybe another tech can find a complete.

Back