Logo

AQ 280 mechanical tilt problem.

ryanpilotdave

I have a 77 Bayliner in beautiful shape. It has an AQ280 drive on it and my problem is that the mechanical tilt will power up but not down. I have power from both directions on the switch. All wires are connected in the relay box. Any suggestions?????

Dave

There are two relays under the black cover on top of the lift out (not tilt) mechanism.... one is for up the other for down.
Likely one of them is bad.
If you pm me your email address, I send you a copy of the OEM shop manual which has the schematic.

There are two relays under the black cover on top of the lift out (not tilt) mechanism.... one is for up the other for down.
Likely one of them is bad.
If you pm me your email address, I send you a copy of the OEM shop manual which has the schematic.

Thanks for getting back to me. The one thing I hadn't checked, tonight I did, was the limit switch. It was stuck. Works now.

Thanks for getting back to me. The one thing I hadn't checked, tonight I did, was the limit switch. It was stuck. Works now.
The adjustment of the limit switch is somewhat critical... it is threaded into the top of the housing. Sometimes incorrect adjustment results in the threads in the housing being stripped. Normally this is an expensive repair, i.e., new housing. However... on one of my boats, I was able to rig a "Z" bracket that held the limit switch in its correct position

Last edited:
Back