Logo

9.9/15 extra longshaft converting

timguy

Silver Medal Contributor
Hey fellow techs. Does anyone know for sure if this unit will help me extend my 1982 20" Evinrude to a 25"? I basically am wondering about the driveshaft.....I can come up with the "leg" segments but is this driveshaft gonna match splines. If not, is there an offering elsewhere, to build an extra long for the 9.9/15 or the pre 1977 18/20/25's?
Thanks...Tim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210607-140451~2.png
    Screenshot_20210607-140451~2.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 21
The 4 stroke lower unit is the same as the 2 stroke.-----But the spline on top of the driveshaft is different.

I have the left overs from my Yachtwin. They are taking up space. 1983 9.9 Evinrude. Had the extra long shaft, shoot me a PM with your contact info

Last edited:
Sweet. Thanks, Racer, you really know your stuff. Brian....yes, that's right....I remember now you had one, sweet! Will PM. Thanks, my friends...

G'morning. I have the extension casting, drive shaft, lower shifter shaft, a round plastic spacer thing and the section of copper water pipe I removed to make it a shorty. Wouldn't let me pm you. Said mailbox was full. How soon do you need the parts? I will measure the casting just to double check lengths.

Thanks. I guess my mailbox is full. I will delete some messages. Yes, need soon. Going to set up a 15 for a sailboat at Knife R. Looks like you have everything to do the job. Funny how things work out, eh? The boat owner, Ron, will be pleased.....he is set up for fishing and doesn't like trolling with the inboard, it's burning more fuel and he doesn't like the noise.

Back