Logo

Is it electrical or fuel

good01

Regular Contributor
I have a 225hp model J225vxsif with good even compression. My problem started at the end of last season I had issues with the engine just slowing down at wide open throttle. I changed plugs coils wires stator the power pack and trigger. Only thing I did not change was the rectifier. The last 3 times I have been out the engine ran great and this weekend it started the slowing down thing again. Shut the engine off a she would run about a mile and slow down again, on the way back ran fine. I just can not figure out what is going on. I cut the filter open and there is no water. Pulled the plugs and no signs of water. When it does do it I simply turn the engine off and start it right back up and it will run for a mile or so and slow down. But like I said after a couple time coming back it ran for about 6 miles ok. my compression numbers are 114 to 110 and the engine starts better then it ever have but now this problem has started again. I am trying to get thru this year and will re power in the fall. Also my temp runs right at 140 degrees and no alarms. Thanks in advance for you help.

Can I ask as to why. Not trying to insult you or anything I was just wondering or wanting to know the reason.

The temp sensor is throwing pack into SLOW. When you turn off and restart it is reset. A weak impeller or sensor will cause this.

I changed the 2 temp sensors and ran the out about 2 miles and back. did not act up but I still get 1 beep from the alarm. this only happens when it is rough. it never happens when is is pretty calm.

Faztbullet I think you hit the nail on the head. Went for a long run Sunday and the engine ran great. No alarms or slowing down. I thank you guys for your help. It was nice to go out and not have trouble for a change. Again Thank you guys for your help.

Back