Logo

Honda BF 8B/ BFP 8B

Grandsoive

Good afternoon all,

On my Honda outbord Engine identification plate it says:
BF 8B/ BFP 8B.
I do understand that this means that it is a Honda (BF) , 8 = 8Hp and P stands for High Thrust Propellor.
However when I try to find parts and I try to look up the serial number which starts with BACJ and than 7 digits, I do not get any known type.

Any of you got any thoughts or sugestions how to proceed?

Do you know the year of your outboard? Do you know if it was originally sold in the United States?

The link below is a parts look up page but it has a message that says it's only for dates of manufacture of 2004 and later. If your outboard is older it indicates that you would need to contact a dealer. I tried entering BACJ and a made up number sequence but no luck. You may fair better if you enter your actual serial number.

https://peparts.honda.com/marine#/serial

The power thrust models aren't listed on boats.net (which you probably already know) and I have never heard of a BF _B model of any horsepower before. But that doesn't mean much because I don't know much!

Honda outboard parts are fairly interchangeable within the model bracket so getting the serial number "spot on" for most items isn't always necessary.

What parts are you needing to buy?

Back