Logo

454XLi Engines cranks but electric fuels pumps not running

Roost37

Fuel pumps are not running when cranking. Since it is happening on both engines, believe it may be something in sensors causing issue. Got techmate to read ecm but not sure of where to plug in. Can someone please aid with any information? Also where is the oil pressure safety switch located? I am having trouble finding it. Any help will be highly appreciated.

the fuel pumps on twins should be completely independent of each other ....

does the ECU have power applied with the KEY ON? an equivalent is to check for spark while cranking...

do you have the older MEFI-1/2 ECUs or the newer MEFI-3/4?

Last edited:
the fuel pumps on twins should be completely independent of each other ....

does the ECU have power applied with the KEY ON? an equivalent is to check for spark while cranking...

do you have the older MEFI-1/2 ECUs or the newer MEFI-3/4?

Not sure engines are from 1997, so I would say older ones. Do you know where to plug in techmate for code reading?

it goes into the 10 pin connector - which may have a cap over it...

and the attached came from an older RINDA manual...

Attachments

• diagnostic connector.pdf
    98.5 KB · Views: 45
The connector that looks like that has a yellow tag which says engine timing on it. Is that the correct one?

That should be a two pin, that you swap around when changing your timing. That's not the right plug, but it should be close by. Should be about 2.5-3" long, 10 pins... may be bare/open, or may have a flip cap on it. Make sure the breaker isn't triggered. I believe there is a fuel pump and/or ECU breaker on the circuit breaker box mounted over the oil fill cap, that houses the MAP sensor and otherwise. Push those all in. You may want to use a meter on those breakers, to make sure they're all functioning properly.

Back