Logo

1995 130HP Johnson V4 (2 stroke) different kind of regulator?

Mirco

Hi there, can I simply exchange the rather expensive standard water cooled regulator of my 1995 130HP Johnson V4 (2 stroke) for the rather cheap 'n easy regulator with part 583408? If so, how does one go about doing that? I am looking to do this as I came to the definitive conclusion that my tach is not working via the existing regulator, and I am told that if this is the case, the regulator is dying and might become dangerous (even though it is working fine right now, except for sending a pulse to the tach). Thnx in advance! :cool:

Right, thnx Faztbullet. It would have been too good to be true. Looks like I'll bite the bullet and get a new water-cooled regulator before it blows up on me

Flywheel....35 amp was a option and has vents, the 10 amp is solid. Change water pump as that and battery connections kill water cooled rectifiers

Thank you Faztbullet, I got the 10 amps then. I just changed the waterpump and doublechecked the batteryconnections. So... going to order a new rectifier. Tnhx for advice.

Back