Logo

New to me - no ID plate. What do I have? (115hp)

Ipswichwhaler

I have searched and know the drill. PICTURES are what is needed to help identify the engine. Here they are... can anyone tell me what I have?
Thanks

IMG_5127.jpgIMG_5137.jpgIMG_5117.jpgIMG_5128.jpgIMG_5129.jpgIMG_5130.jpg

More pics... could only upload 6.

Pic #5... Unlike other engines I have had, the rectifier on this engine is on top
Pic #6... I included the thermostat housing... eh... maybe they are different from year to year.

Thanks to all how helped!

IMG_5131.jpgIMG_5132.jpgIMG_5133.jpgIMG_5134.jpg
IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

The bubble exhaust indicates it is the 115 HP model.-----Thermostat housing was the same from about 1979 to 1Do a compression test and post your numbers.----Then install a new impeller before launching this thing.-----That is a water cooled rectifier / regulator.

Last edited:
Do a compression test and post your numbers.----Then install a new impeller before launching this thing.-----That is a water cooled rectifier / regulator.

Compression was done with a weak battery on a cold day. 110-120 was the range.
I definitely want to do the impeller and intend to. Do all these V4 Johnson 115 hp engines use the same impeller? Have a part number by chance?
I was also considering replacing the thermostats. Agree?

I was looking for a date range for the engine so I can purchase the correct parts.

You should deal with someone who knows these motors inside out ( some folks do ) and not the folks selling " chinesium parts " online.----They would know that the V-4 / V-6 / V-8 all likely use the same impeller.

Back