Logo

OMC 190hp Tilt Motor Solenoids

Griz25

As of last weekend, the 2 solenoids for the tilt motor stopped working. I've removed both solenoids and bench tested them by providing power directly from the battery. 12v supplied to the solenoid, and to the switch post correctly activates the tilt motor as it should. Both work fine, however when they are mounted to the motor and grounded through the mount bracket, the switch post reads only about 10.5v. I'm losing pretty much 2v through to ground I believe, but I'm not sure how to begin testing for this. Thanks!

Ayuh,.... Corrosion, between the battery, 'n the solenoids,.....

Every connection is suspect, includin' the ground path,.....

I've thoroughly cleaned every wire connection on every post. All posts on both solenoids, the toggle switch, and the power supply lead from the main solenoid. It was the first thing I did. I've also wire wheeled the engine where the solenoids bolt down too. I've checked the the engine itself and the tilt motor to make sure they were grounded correctly as well. The only thing left to check is the 12v feeding the toggle switch from the ignition switch. Other than that, I am stumped.

Back