Logo

Merctrol Model 2000 Remote control with tilt trim.

VietNamVet

I have a 1995 Lund 2000 Baron boat with a 225 Opti Max engine. My problem is the wires leading to the console from the remote control unit. I have one tan wire and a brown wire with a blue stripe. The only information I can find as to where these wires are supposed to be attached comes from a Teleflex tachometer instalation instructions. These instructions tell me that the tan wire is not used except for 6 cylinder installs. The instructions say "V-6 engine only, connect tan wire to Temperature Alarm Horn wire (which is also tan)." I believe that the temperature alarm horn is in the remote control so if I attach it, it would be attached back to itself. I all sounds kind of messy, so I have to assume that I don't know where the temperature alarm horn actually resides. My boat has one of those three function EFI Warning Gauges. This gauge has no terminals on the back because all the wires are built in. And then there is still the matter of where the brown wire with the blue stripe should be connected. Any ideas?:confused:

Any one out there that can lend a hand it will be greatly appreciated!

Back