Logo

2021 Avalon Excalibur Depth Alarm Issue

fernetbreakfast

Hello,

I'm looking for any information regarding my touchscreen depth alarm interface and how to repair, upgrade, or disable (or operate, in general...)

Without any regard to the setting, it goes off repeatedly every five minutes and then you have to clear it if you want it to stop beeping every three seconds. You can’t really use the audio without needing to attend to clearing the alarm so unless you want to sit in the seat, you gotta leave the boat off.

There doesn’t seem to be any manual that I can find online that Avalon has yet released that details this particular system. No manual onboard - refers you online via QR code. I tried everything, but I think this needs some kind of firmware upgrade. The functionality of the panel just doesn’t make sense. If you press the button for up it won't go above 0 and once you press the button down if you want to adjust it to say 10 feet you would have to hold the button down for probably what would be 10 minutes while it counts down from 18,000. It doesn’t save after you set it, regardless.

Anyone familiar with the issue or the system? Thanks much for taking a look, either way.

1-5.jpg

did you ever find a solution to the alarm issue? I’m having the same issue and Cannot find someone that has a clue how to fix it. (2021 Excalibur )

Hello,

I'm looking for any information regarding my touchscreen depth alarm interface and how to repair, upgrade, or disable (or operate, in general...)

Without any regard to the setting, it goes off repeatedly every five minutes and then you have to clear it if you want it to stop beeping every three seconds. You can’t really use the audio without needing to attend to clearing the alarm so unless you want to sit in the seat, you gotta leave the boat off.

There doesn’t seem to be any manual that I can find online that Avalon has yet released that details this particular system. No manual onboard - refers you online via QR code. I tried everything, but I think this needs some kind of firmware upgrade. The functionality of the panel just doesn’t make sense. If you press the button for up it won't go above 0 and once you press the button down if you want to adjust it to say 10 feet you would have to hold the button down for probably what would be 10 minutes while it counts down from 18,000. It doesn’t save after you set it, regardless.

Anyone familiar with the issue or the system? Thanks much for taking a look, either way.

View attachment 26945

I ended up dealing with it for a full summer. Tried calling and emailing Avalon without any response. Finally took it back to the dealer and they managed to get the firmware upgraded. Been working fine since, but squeezing the fix out of Avalon wasn’t an option for me, at least in short order. Might be worth a shot now that the season is over. Has to be a common service dept request at this point.

did you ever find a solution to the alarm issue? I’m having the same issue and Cannot find someone that has a clue how to fix it. (2021 Excalibur )

Back