Logo

2015 9.9 high thrust charging starter battery

Pplampert

Hello im new to this forum I have a 2015 9.9 high thrust its electric start and power trim. Im using it as a kicker. This boat is new to me. It does not charge the starting battery. Anyway to have that charge it. Im worried that if i troll to long with it the electronics in the boat will discharge the battery Thanks. Paul. Any input would be great

Need the model identity. Might be a T9.9 something or an F/T9.9 something or other.

Assumption being that it is a Yamaha.

From what I am seeing your model has a lighting coil, a rectifier/regulator, battery cables and everything that is necessary to charge the battery.

With the battery fully charged you should be seeing more or less 12.6 volts at the battery. When the motor is up and running you should be seeing 14 plus volts at the battery. Have you tested for that? Have you checked to make sure the fuse is not blowing?

Yes i check battery before and running its not charging I checked a 10amp fuse its good it has a spare as well i rotated them. But it looks like its for the trim

Yes i check battery before and running its not charging I checked a 10amp fuse its good it has a spare as well i rotated them. But it looks like its for the trim
Not following you on the trim. The fuse protects the wiring that is doing more than just powering the trim and tilt system.

When the motor is running do you have 14 or so volts to the fuse from the rectifier/regulator and then on the other side of the fuse? To the starter motor relay?

Is there some that is put between the big motor and the small motor charging system that stops power running between them when the other is not running So it will not burn out cdi unit or other components

What does that have to do with the charging system for the T9.9?

Are both motors being started and run on the same battery? There are switches that can be used so that the battery runs either motor individually.

Back