Logo

225A4 - Where is this screw/part in the parts diagram?

wildebeest

Contributing Member
I slightly stripped part of the head of a screw when changing my high pressure fuel filter. The screw has enough left for me to turn it and tighten it, but I imagine it will be a problem down the line so I want to replace it. But I can't find it on any parts diagram.

It's the screw that goes on this part circled in red (screenshot from boats.net on the Intake Manifold page). Anyone know where I could find it?

Capture.PNG

As you say, it does not seem to be listed. Is it special or is something you can buy stainless at a hardware store? If you are in the US it may be more difficult to find metric screws but you will surely find something on line, as long as it is standard. Measure the thread (M2, M3, M4, etc) and search with the type of head you want (countersunk, dome, etc).

I've had the same problem quite a while ago. Pulled one of the screws, took it to ACE Hardware, matched it up with a SS hex-head bolt, which makes it a lot easier to remove compared the the original Phillips-head screw. Put a light coat of anti-seize grease on when re-installing.

Back