Logo

What fuel pressure test kit do you use on your Honda outboard?

grey2112

Contributing Member
Being somewhat new to the whole marine engine game, I wanted to put some tools together so I can test things when I start to have issues.

I have a 2013 Honda BF250 XXA, bought new, and now has 1000 hours on it. I have gone through 1 Oxygen sensor at 500 hours, and now I just started getting that code thrown again and all signs point to me needing another one.

However I read that I could also be getting low fuel pressure at idle.

So I would like to test my fuel pressure but know nothing about the type of fuel pressure test kit and any adapter I may need for it.

Suggestions?

That test kit looks like it might work ok and the price looks great.

But I have a larger one than that and it won't connect up to everything I've come across.

I can't tell you which adapter(s) you would need for that outboard but don't be surprised if, no matter what test kit you buy, you find that you need to fabricate something to "T" into the fuel system.

Good luck.

There's a 6mm threaded bolt that takes a 12mm spanner on the high pressure fuel filter cover, remove that and install a suitable adapter with a 6mm thread, most test kits have them. This is hard to do on the V6 motors because you have to partially remove the starboard side lower cowl.

Back