Logo

92' 25hp Mercury fuel issue

Tess2492

Hello,

Working on a 92' 2 stroke Mercury 25hp and having an issue getting fuel while idling. Currently I have checked compression (135ish both cylinders), Spark is good (new plugs also) and gone through the carb, cleaning (ultrasonic) and replacing all the gaskets and diaphragm for the fuel pump. You can prime the motor and start it right up just like normal but it will only idle for about a min and then slowly die running out of fuel. I know this since I took the bowl off the carb and it was pretty much empty and if you prime it before it dies it keeps running. The weird thing is that it will run if you stay off low speed, WOT it stays going like normal. I have swapped out the tank and hose to rule out air leaks in the hose and connections but that didn't do anything. I turned the motor over with my hand covering the inlet/carb side and can feel good vacuum being pulled so assuming there is good pos/neg pressure to operate the fuel pump. Running out of ideas as to why I am not getting fuel to fill the bowl. Wish I could see what the float is doing during operation to rule that out. Appreciate any input, thank you.

Back