Logo

BF225 Warning Alarm Issue

jacky2942

My 2011 BF225 motor has weird alarm issue only at(around) 4000rpm without any change of engine speed or status light. Only green light is on and all other three lights are off. No error code from ECM.

This alarm sound is like an continueous "Bbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeee" alarm. It is only activated when rpm is about 4000-4200 and always deactivated whenever rpm is change. lower or higher. If rpm is not changed and stays at the rpm, the alarm continues and never stop. With the alarm, the motor and boat run just fine, but just annoying with the high pitch sound.

This alarm sound is coming from the outboard, not from cockpit. I thought it wa the "faulty" alarm for the outboard, but one day there was an oil pressure alarm with the green light off. This oil pressure alarm sound was really louder compared to the wierd alarm mentioned above and sound like it was from cockpit. With the oil pressure alarm, the motor stalled and returned to idle.

Does faulty alarm come from motor side or cockpit side? or either one depend of the error?

I am suspecting if the wierd alarm from motor is the actually faulty alarm and it is a kind of high pitch noise coming from the motor or a noise related when VTEC system activated. Just my guess and I have no idea how to check it.

So far I've changed following:
Oil and filter
Ricor Filter
Gear oil
Impellar
Low and High pressure oil filter
HO2 sensor
ECM
Fuel Line
Thermo Stats

I went out 50 miles with this weird alarm several times and no performance issue except the annoying alarm noise when activated. Tried to avoid the alarm as much as possible, but around 4000rpm when the alarm activated is the optimal rpm for plainning speed. So I have to stick with the alarm.

Any thought about the culprit?

There is no alarm on the engine itself that I am aware of. So likely something else - probably a failing pulley or tensioner First thing to do is pull off the silencer case and check the cam and alternator pulleys and tensioners. Make sure that the belt tensions are in spec.

Back