Logo

? Mefi 3

Mikey N.C.

Advanced Contributor
2001 , 4.3 , tbi, mercooler fuel pump, mefi 3.
2 reman, motors, first motor detonated # 3 piston (dime size hole) 40-60 hrs. 2nd motor , scoured #2, in 30 some hrs. Only thing I found was a lifter tick, and no oil to top of rocker arms. On number 2 cylinder on starboard side These are reman. motors.
Q if regulator on return side of cool pump goes bad, is it possible that tbi can over fuel, I'm setting timing with CDI software, in base mode.
I have recorded print out of what info I can get. Any info would be appreciated. THANKS

the MEFI-3 controls injector pulse width....and can control the timing....and retard the timing as well - all driven by the sensor inputs and the code embedded within....has anybody verified the knock sensor is functioning?

Question if fuel regulator on return side of cool pump goes bad . Would tbi over fuel ?
And if regulator is bad , it should be a issue before say 30 hrs. correct. Both reman motors were bored .040. Both motors overheat plugs were green. Reman company says possible , air pocket in water jacket , it's not a closed coolant system. Then said lean condition ( intake crack) new intake. 1st motor #3 , 2nd motor#2 opposite sides. Then they said pcv valve bad.
I said so your reman has bad rings? To creating so much blow by. I told them if motors had that kind of blow by I would have seen. I was tired of talking to the guy. Because he was reading from computer. Fact is we're not paying and I have customers break in history.
Is there a possibility that crank is not splashing enough oil under pistons? Any advice would be appreciated. But probably want because I said there name. Thanks

Back