Logo

BF 200 shuts down, no alarm or code

rporche

My 2002 BF 200 starts ok. The beeps are working as well as the green light after startup. I run 3-4k rpms for 20 minutes then it shuts down to idle with out dying. Thereafter it will return higher rpm's but only for a shorter time. The more I run it the shorter time it will run.

I cleaned out water separator and replaced fuel filter with no change in performance. There are no alarms or codes and lights look normal.

My next thought is possibly the sensor system but I am totally lost. Appreciate any help I could get...Thx Richard

If the engine goes into SLOW mode and doesn't stop running after 20 seconds, then it's sensing low oil pressure. If it does shut down, it's sensing overheat. Does the green oil pressure light go off or the red overheat light come on when the alarm sounds?

The green light stays on. The alarm never sounds. When the shunt is connected to read codes there is no long or short blinking. The top red light stays on. The oil hasn't been changed since late 2019, however the boat wasn't run a year. although old, I didn't think the Honda oil would break down in that time. What are your thoughts on that?

Once before I was receiving non sense alarms. It turned out that the sensors share a common ground that was corroded. I want to check this but I don't know where that ground is. Can you share any light on that?

Many Thanks...

Back