Logo

How do I disconnect shift linkage on my 2011 Mercury F30ELPT

Richardticoun

Good day, trying to change my impeller on my mercury four stroke year 2011 outbaoard Model 1A30413FK yet I can't figure out how to disconnect the Shift Linkage. I'm trying to attache a picture but it is not working.

Can someone please help. the technician is asking 570.00 to replace the impeller, I think that is very highs since the cost of the impeller is between 30 and 60 dollars. I know it does not take 4 hrs to change an impeller.

Please somene help.

trying to attache picture
clip_image001.jpg

Richard

Your location ?----That shop must be busy or they have no competition.----Just 45 minutes or less for that job.----Hour and a half at most if it is a fresh water motor.----I think I have to move to your neighborhood.

Your location ?----That shop must be busy or they have no competition.----Just 45 minutes or less for that job.----Hour and a half at most if it is a fresh water motor.----I think I have to move to your neighborhood.

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario. I just called a second shop and they told me it was about 2 hrs of labour plus the price of the material. I find it rediculous.

There may not be a shift linkage to disconnect.---Many mercury shift shafts are splined.----Go ahead Look at some U-TUBE videos for clues.---You are about 7 hrs away.---I agree on the robbery part.

thanks, I spent half the day looking at videos and can find anything for the model I have. I can't figure out how to post the picture but there is one to disconnect I just can't figure it out. I'm really good at fixing things and finding solutions but I just can't seem to figure this one out and can't seem to find a video on Ytube with the exact same model I have or any model that has the same linkage as mine.

Back