Logo

Minn Kota Endurance C2 55 thrust

powder22

Good Morning I am new to the forum I am a retired NYC Police Officer who has moved to Virgina for employment at a University. Still a police Officer at the University but I don't get shot at here. I found a house with a small lake so I can fish in my back yard (not as often as I would like to).

I have/had a Minn Kota Endurance C2 55 Thrust eletric trolling moter. About 2 years ago it ended up submerged in freash water for several hours. I let it air dry out for several weeks and after trying it it seemed to work fine. I was unable to use it for some time about 2 years until yesterday (05/10/2021) and when I hooked it up the prop would not turn. You can feel eletrical buzzing in the head but the prop will not Turn. I watched a youtube video on replacing the eletronics and it seemed pretty straight forward. Just interested in some experienced opions as to the possible isssue thanks in advance.

IMO, it should have been opened up cleaned and dried out ASAP after being submerged as corrosion possibility likely. I think I would still tear it down to assess issues before throwing seal and replacement part dollars into it. Those dollars might be better spent on another unit.

Back