Logo

4.3l alarm and engine shutdown

Kallen928009

[FONT=&quot]Okay I have a 2003 4.3 efi throttle body injected mercruiser that upon showing up to the lake will fire off easy and idle just fine to warm up after I push off the dock and toss in gear to head out I can almost immediately go back to neutral and it will run for 3 seconds then throw a steady alarm and engine will shut down it fires right back up and if I don’t bump up the rpms in neutral or put in gear (even at idle) it will throw the alarm after 3 seconds and engine will shut down 2 seconds later I have ran in in a tub at home and it will run just fine no alarms in and out of gear flawlessly (the issue only happens when in the water so exhaust has back pressure) once in gear it runs idles perfect zero loss of power. Temperature looks fine on the gauge ( 150-170) oil pressure looks fine (30-40) oil level fine ( semi fresh change 5 outings ago done over winter) coolant level good tried to flush thinking maybe got a air bubble somehow) I’m at a loss please help video was today 2nd time it’s happened and was shortly after pushing off the dock so engine wasn’t fully warmed up[/FONT]

Back