Logo

Honda BF75 Spontaneous electrical sizzling badness

Greetings, with a Minnesota Fishing Opener quickly approaching, I pulled the boat out to get her ready for hopefully an epic year, and noticed this rather disturbing Problem on my 2019 BF 75 (please see photo).

I predict one of you whizz peeps will look at this and know exactly what happened and what I should do about it.

thanks for any help and advice you can provide!

Last edited:
Greetings, with a Minnesota Fishing Opener quickly approaching, I pulled the boat out to get her ready for hopefully an epic year, and noticed this rather disturbing Problem on my 2019 BF 75 (please see photo).

I predict one of you whizz peeps will look at this and know exactly what happened and what I should do about it.

thanks for any help and advice you can provide!
Trying to reply to my own post with an image

Attachments

• 304E165E-7D6C-41E7-9915-98DF18F9212B.jpeg
    304E165E-7D6C-41E7-9915-98DF18F9212B.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 28
First, thanks so much racerone for the replies! Second, yes, I did indeed install new batteries a week ago. Right now, the tilt/trim works as expected.

Your engine to battery earth cable is either not connected or is not making a good connection. So all your cranking current has earthed through that thin bonding wire & fried it. You will have to fix your earth problem & renew the bonding wire.

Bob

Back