Logo

1993 Evinrude 8 hp carb cover assembly

toothvet

Thank you in advance! I have what is described as a less typical carb cover. I cannot find this replacement anywhere. I thought it was going to be the early run part but it is not the same. The low speed idle screw comes off at an angle. I am unable to upload the diagram for some reason.

Is anyone familiar with this? Is there a modification to make another cover work?

Thank you,
Chris

Thank you in advance! I have what is described as a less typical carb cover. I cannot find this replacement anywhere. I thought it was going to be the early run part but it is not the same. The low speed idle screw comes off at an angle. I am unable to upload the diagram for some reason.

Is anyone familiar with this? Is there a modification to make another cover work?

Thank you,
Chris

Sounds like an early production 1991 (and earlier one) but NLA and replaced with a Kit with a cover with the idle screw at right angles

Check out the parts pages on this site where you will find details

( Are you sure of the year of your engine ..... you don't quote the model number

Sounds like an early production 1991 (and earlier one) but NLA and replaced with a Kit with a cover with the idle screw at right angles

( Are you sure of the year of your engine ..... you don't quote the model number

IMG_9312.jpgIMG_9772.jpg The model number is E8RETB serial number B 08967953. I was able to upload the pics today.

Thank you,
Chris

Ive noticed in the past that Belgium made engies differ a bit from what is shown in the American parts lists.

Where are you to have a Belgium made model ?

Your dealer should be able sort out what you need

Have you checked the parts diagrams on this site as I suggested ?

Not sure where you are looking but both parts are listed as available.----Your location ?----Have you consulted a BRP authorized shop ?

Where are you to have a Belgium made model ?

I am in Northern California. My son bought the motor from another individual. I know nothing more about the history of this motor.

Your dealer should be able sort out what you need - I will see if I can locate a dealer that can answer it. So far no luck. I ordered the replacement part and it was superceded by another part which I am being told by the mechanic will not work.

Have you checked the parts diagrams on this site as I suggested - I do not see it. Need to get back home on my computer. ?[/QUOTE]

Ive noticed in the past that Belgium made engies differ a bit from what is shown in the American parts lists.
Where are you to have a Belgium made model ? ?
Vics, although it says “Belgium Made”, they are quite common in Canada also. I have an ‘84, (Racer just re-sealed the bottom end for me), & I have a fishing buddy who also has one.

toothvet- the carb top is available, here , for years up to & including 1993. Once you hit 1994, you are SOL.

PS- Racer, I took that 15hp you changed the broken mount on. Runs like a charm. Started 1st pull, pushed my 14’ Jon boat @ 20mph.

I got my motor back today. My carb cover has the number 334049 Stamped on top. I checked this number which leads to newer part numbers. The last in line is 0436342. I ordered 436325 and ended up receiving 436316. Neither of these numbers cross reference with the one stamped on my cover. So far it has been trial and error... all error . Here are pics of mine. On mine, the cam roller and bracket are held in by a screw. The new ones appear to have a post. What holds the bracket on the post? An o-ring?? This should not be this complicated, but clearly there are some mixed up numbers or something off about my particular motor.

IMG_8751.jpgIMG_8761.jpgIMG_8762.jpg

Have you checked the parts diagrams on this site as I suggested ?[/QUOTE]

Yes I have checked, they are of no help so far. I posted some pics

Have you checked the parts diagrams on this site as I suggested ?

Yes I have checked, they are of no help so far. I posted some pics

your existing cover (334049) is as I suspected the cover listed for early 1991 and earlier models. Maybe your carb is not original and an earlier one has been fitted or maybe that's just the way Belgium made models were.

That number cover has been replaced a couple of times but what you now need is the kit 436342

http://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=OMC0436342

Back