Logo

Does a 2005 bf50a slow jet/jet set have a hole throughout its length?

Futura155

Hello forum,
First time here and hoping for some advice.
Just striped and cleaned one of the carbs on my 2005 Honda bf50a and i can't see through the length of the slow jet. I have tried to push a thin piece of wire through but it only goes 3/4 of the way through.i have not cleaned carbs before and hoped for some advice before putting it back together.
The type of slow jet I have is the one with the slightly wider diameter at the top.
Thanks in advance for your help.
All the best.
Futura155 (UK)

Yup! Well, it's SUPPOSED to have a hole all the way through it. That's one of Honda's well kept secrets to those doing one of these the first time, because they bury that jet down inside that tube.

You need to be REALLY careful with what you try to push though that jet. It's not much bigger than a single moustache hair. For those that will not clear with air pressure, I pull a single strand from one of those small stainless wire cleaning brushes, and clamp it in a small pair of vice grips so I don't loose it. That wire will fit.... but sometimes you have to mess with it a bit as the approach to the jet is not tapered.

Hi Alan, thank you so much, you are a star! Just put a wire brush bristle through the top and it went straight through and I now have a clear hole straight through the length!
Brilliant advice and now can reassemble with some confidence that all holes are clear.
Can't thank you enough!
Cheers,
Steve Hicks

Just don't be real disappointed if you need to pull them down a do them again because it's still not right. Early on, when I first started messing with these, that happened to me several times. Be patient! If they're clean, it'll run right.

Back