Logo

Tohatsu tldi 90 only runs on two cylinders even though it has good spark, fuel, and compression

Latmarinecc

I've got an 04 tldi 90 that idles and starts right up, however, the motor is only firing on the top and bottom cylinders due to what I believe is low voltage at the fuel injector (5 volts) on the middle cylinder. Ive put a ton of work into this motor and this issue has been keeping me up at night. The wiring on the motor is in good shape. What should my next step be to get this motor running properly under load ? As I said it idles fine in the water but as soon as the motor is put in gear you can immediately tell that it is only running on two cylinders.

Yes that's what I'm wondering if replacing the ecu would be the next step. I have access to a used ecu for a good price so I may just try it but I'm also wondering if it could in fact be a leaking injector.

Ok paul so here is an update:

Swapped in used injector from another motor and the engine will not even start at all now. It will only start if starter fluid is sprayed in the intake.

Also swapped in a used ecu from another motor with the same result. I am very stumped here.

Hi, I got a 2009 MD90B TLDI with the same problem except with mine it's #3 tried a lot but still no fix. How are you getting on?

You really should start a new thread. However, if no fuel on #3 then see is you have 12v signal to that injector.

Back