Logo

2021 mercury 9.9 stalls

Capt Steve

I also have an issue with my new 2021 Mercury 9.9
It has been broken-in according to owners manual, however, at half to full throttle, it will just stall without any warning at all! Runs well for 15 to 20 minutes before it quits.
After trying different re-start combinations (choke, no-choke etc.) the only way it will fire-up is by pressing the neutral start button on the side and giving it full throttle on the tiller handle and no-choke. One or two pulls and it runs and idles as normal until it happens again in another 15-20 minutes then I have to repeat the process. It seems to be fuel starvation and I believe I have checked all the usual suspects but it still continues. Any advice is appreciated!

My selling dealer is in TN, i'm in FL so that's a no go and I already know how to start the motor! Any USEFUL advise will be appreciated.

..sounds like it is a function of temperature as it seems from your short description and not so much a function of engine load. I'd check valve lash...

Does it stop like ya pulled the stop lanyard off or does it slow down and then stall?

Back