Logo

help with prop

Moniz

i have a 1977 omc sterndrive looking for the impossible prop mine is still good but i would like to find some different ones to get more top end as well as pulling out out from a dead stop to get boat to plain out faster it has a 190 hp 302 ford any help thanks kenn

190 hp for a 17ft boat i have raced ski centurion and a tige both me kids boat and with 5.7 chevy motors walk right by them and they are not happy i think it has enough motor 302 ford v8 just want to play with some different pitches finding out the props for this outdrive are impossible to find

i have a 1977 omc sterndrive looking for the impossible prop mine is still good but i would like to find some different ones to get more top end as well as pulling out out from a dead stop to get boat to plain out faster it has a 190 hp 302 ford any help thanks kenn
Unless you add more power you will get either more top speed or better hole shot not both at the same time

What prop and pictures currently on your boat and what is the wide-open throttle RPM You can go down and pitch were at a four blade and get better whole shot but both of those will cause you to lose TopSpeed so you end up Compromising on what is the most beneficial youth

If, with the current prop, your engine revs up at wide open throttle to within the specified max wide open throttle rpm range, with your "normal" load, 3/4 full gas tank and good tune, calm sea and light wind, you have the correct prop. Per Dieter's post, from that point you only loose top end to gain acceleration. The only "bolt on" solution is a bigger engine. Typically a bigger carb on you existing engine will only make a minor difference. Boats, especially Deep Vs, are HP hogs.

Back