Logo

looking for 2.5" garboard drain plug and plate

stang32

Regular Contributor

I have this boat that the plate that the drain plug goes into is missing, the old plate was from what i can figure was around 2.5" . the only ones i am finding are 2" and the screws holes in those are too close together and will not make contact with the transom for the hole in the boat is over 1" in size.
i searched all over the internet and cant find any larger than 2" with a 1/2" drain plug. the only size larger than that was a 3" which was too large

what are you working on???

If its a trailer boat, I'd suggest filling what is there and installing a standard drain tube and then use a regular drain plug...

if the plate fell off, I'd be a bit skittish about the whole thing...

what are you working on???

If its a trailer boat, I'd suggest filling what is there and installing a standard drain tube and then use a regular drain plug...

if the plate fell off, I'd be a bit skittish about the whole thing...

its a 2005 searay, the boat stays in the water all summer,.

the plate came off when the drain plug was pulled last fall, the plug was in so tight, that it twisted off with the plate.

the OD will grow with the plug's thread size....perko and groco and maybe attwood would be starting points. 2 3/8 OD flanges appear available...MARELON is another option...

You can always fill the hole and redrill it to whatever size you need.

another option, if needed, would be to get a machinist to cut the 3" flange down to whatever you need...and maybe relocating the screw holes, too.

I would definitely 'rotate' the fitting and use new screw locations...and your favorite bedding compound...and use a thru-bolt for the bonding wire...

Back