Logo

Volvo D3 220 G 2013 trim issues

Srmadd

I've  been fighting trim sensor issues and now it has spread.<br>PO cut the plug when they replaced a trim sensor.  I took it to a shop and they charged a fortune and told me they sorted the wires out.  Sensor went bad again and i replaced it, making sure to match their connections. <br>It was fine for a few months, but then started sending random numbers to the digital display. <br>Last week, it didn't want to trim up, but with a little help, it went up.  Now it won't go it.  Down it fine, but up trips the breaker on the side of the engine.<br>i pulled the pump  from the outdrive and put power to it - up and down with no problem. <br>I found the plug to the pump and separated it there. I read 12.7 or -12.7 for up and down. If i put voltage on the pump side, the pump runs up and down.<br>Reconnected and everything worked. Down, up, down up.  Turned everything off, then back on. Engine relay fault - mid:128 sid:218 fmi:4 occ--- status. <br>Now trim doesn't work. <br>Any thoughts?<br>Steve<br><br>

Interesting. It was in sentences and paragraphs when I composed it. I guess it got scrambled when I sent it.

Trying again:

I've been fighting trim sensor issues and now it has spread.

PO cut the plug when they replaced a trim sensor. I took it to a shop and they charged a fortune and told me they sorted the wires out. Sensor went bad again and i replaced it, making sure to match their connections.

It was fine for a few months, but then started sending random numbers to the digital display.

Last week, it didn't want to trim up, but with a little help, it went up. Now it won't go it. Down is fine, but up trips the breaker on the side of the engine. I pulled the pump from the outdrive and put power to it - up and down with no problem.

I found the plug to the pump and separated it there. I read 12.7 or -12.7 for up and down. If i put voltage on the pump side, the pump runs up and down.
Reconnected and everything worked. Down, up, down up. Turned everything off, then back on. Now it is showing an engine relay fault - "mid:128 sid:218 fmi:4 occ--- status:inactive"

Now trim doesn't work.

Any thoughts?
Steve

Back