Logo

1992 Mercruiser 4.3L spitting through carb

Redeye3745

Hey guys, I have a issue. Back story, took in to a reputable shop to get fluids changed and troubleshoot bog at WOT. They replaced the harmonic balancer and said one cylinder had low compression(never said what it was, but it ran fine previously. After that it never had power under load really. Would take like 5 min to get on plane. This year I replaced head gaskets, relapped valves, and checked timing. All compression was 150 COLD with one cylinder at 120. Now under load, the boat will spit or fire through carb and have no power. I've tried several things(some needed done anyway): All new - plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, coil, fuel water separator, and added inline fuel filter. Took carb apart and was nasty looking. rebuilt last year. Bought a new carb, same issue. I'm at a loss right now. Online says a lean issue but i've tried making richer unless i'm doing that wrong. Gonna triple check timing tomorrow. Any other ideas or something i'm maybe missing? Just hasn't run right after taking to shop.

Does it matter the orientation of the distributor? TDC cylinder 1 is about where 5 is, and that where cylinder 1 plug is going, in the correct order. I've checked it like 10 times.

Back