Logo

High Speed Needle Valve

burroak1

My local searches for a high s

My local searches for a high speed needle valve ('58 18 hp Johnson) has turned up nothing. Does anyone have a source for them?

"Tom,

As I understand it, t

"Tom,

As I understand it, the motor is a FD-12. The BMC site only goes back to '68, so I don't have a P/N. Were these carbs used in other models and years?"

"The High Speed Needle Valve f

"The High Speed Needle Valve for the FD-12 is part number 304082.

It appears to be NLA from Johnson/Evinrude dealers, and I don't see any aftermarket replacment for it."

"Andrew,

That is what I hav

"Andrew,

That is what I have been running into. I guess I'm down to finding it in some old stuff on the back shelves of a shop somewhere.

The needle I have is excellent as far as the taper is concerned. It will meter well. The issue I have is one of the tangs is broken off on the opposite end where the adjustment lever is fastened. Any ideas of how to McGuyver it?"

"I have some odds and ends han

"I have some odds and ends hanging around here--
describe it or post a photo--
also try sites like sea-way.com--
Ive had pretty good luck getting "NLA" parts from these guys--
If they dont have it they usually know someone who does, like garysmarine.com
It comes up as being a "vintage part--special order" at ishopmarine.com--$45.00 if they can get it.
log onto AOMCI and ask around there also
by the way, is this the short, hollowed out needle that has an interior thread."

"Tom,

Thanks for all the le

"Tom,

Thanks for all the leads. Actually it is approximately the same length as the low speed needle valve with external threads and a rather blunt angle at the working end.

Larry"

Back