Logo

Vro pump

Floodwoodmike

Hello. So I have the oil flowing into the gas line deal. I have a 1997 115 johnson. I have a vro pump that worked fine from a 1990 100hp. Has the 4 wire connector. Would that pump work on the 97 engine?

I had read that elsewhere too. Hard to believe that is all it is. Finishing putting in a new floor. This weekend I will loosen the cap and pump out the line until clear of oil, drain the carbs, and give it a try.

So, I loosened the oil cap and had just a stub fuel line coming from the engine. No oil came out. Left the oil cap loose, and hooked the fuel stub line up to the gas primer bulb. After a couple hours, the line was full of oil. My thought would be, that it is not pushing from the oil tank, but is pulling from the gas line. There is a check valve on the fitting coming out of the gas tank. I looked at it and could not blow through it, noticeably anyway. So, does that provide any other reasons? I do want to replace the primer bulb. Does anyone have a thought on best type of bulb to get?

Back