Logo

Volvo Penta AQ 100 or 100B

jeremy stanford

Hello Forum,

can anyone help to identify the drive leg I bought. It is an AQ 100 or 100B. Can't see so far any numbers on the body to tell me which model this is. Where are the identification numbers so as to know if it should take engine oil or heavy gear oil.

Is there a way of telling which model this is?

Appreciate any help as the boat is about to go back on the water.

Jeremy

image001.png@01D72242.82C47CE0
3C282A9D-987F-48ED-8B14-25FC1D0AF187@home

Captain Bob,

thank you for your help in identifying the leg as 100 or 100B. I attach some photos which may help. The prop shaft is the NON SPLINE version with a shear pin. Does this help?

Are there any details I should photograph and send to help identify? No sign of a number where you suggested but then I have not yet screwed the paint back. Was hoping it can be determined with photos.

Jeremy

IMG_1450.jpgIMG_1449.jpgIMG_1448.jpg

See...

http://www.projectk.co.jp/marine/pdf/volvodrive.pdf

Read fine print description under drive name.... you will have to zoom in to see it...
The difference is the drive joint.... It appears as if you have a "zeppa" joint and not the automotive style universal joint so it appears as if you have an AQ100, i.e. a shear pin with zeppa joint drive.
My first boat had one of these drives... with an 1800 cc engine ( 109cid pushrod) and dual Zenith downdraft carbs.

Last edited:
Back