Logo

Inoperable Tach Gauge on 05 NW Jet Boat

JReich2609

Hi all,

Hoping someone will a little more experience digging around in these boats can send me in the right direction.

I own a 2005 NW Jet Boat with an 05 Marine Power 6.0 360 HP in it. It was winterized and stored outside and built up some corrosion over the winter (that is a different conversation) but after pulling it out of "storage" got it all cleaned up and the boat is running fantastic, with the exception that the tachometer is not registering anything on it. The connections under the dash appear to be fine with no corrosion on them.

Can anyone point to exactly where I should look in the engine and "wiggle around" and potentially clean to get the tach back in working order (my running theory on what the issue likely is right now)?

Appreciate your help!

If you have the MEFI-4 controller, once in a while, there tach driver circuit will fail...Marine power has a service note on using an 'alternate output' but I have yet to have a need to try it. There are MEFI controller repair services - many will test you unit for a minimal fee.

the other thing is the tach itself...many times, there will be a minor buildup of crud inside and that can usually be remedied by working the selector switch thru the various settings...some have also reported the need to spray wd-40 while rotating the switch...

Back