Logo

Bearing into the wild

haventaclue

Outstanding Contributor
Anyone be able to help me here? Need the diameter of the wee ball bearing that sits between the cap and armature as in the pic.
It is a Merc tilt trim pump on my black beauty of a Merc800. I noticed a leak and opened the motor to see where it was and between trying to put it back together and kneeling in an awkward position it took off. Thanks.
As you can see, the leak looks like coming up from the reservoir, so probably need the seal as well.

Attachments

• Bearing in place.jpg
    Bearing in place.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Trip Pump Named.jpg
    Trip Pump Named.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 26
Should have thought of that. Brain not firing on all cylinders.:D I'll have to go with the nearest metric size. Thanks.

The Gods of the sea must be smiling on me. Bearing now insitu.
Back to the problem of leaking fluid into motor casing. Figure I need a seal and there is a part # Washer 392-2623, two required per assembly.
But which is which? It doesn't show the metal washer on the armature,no pic of washers #9 in the diagram.
I suspect only the rubber seal in the reservoir is faulty.

Attachments

• Armature.jpg
    Armature.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Pump Seal.jpg
    Pump Seal.jpg
    348.9 KB · Views: 31
Is that rust on the armature and the shaft where it sits in the bushing? If so cleaning it up with fine emery paper might help it seal.
My parts diagram just shows thrust washers and a bushing in that area (your Pic. Nr. 1)
powertrimpump.jpg

Last edited:
Rust it is. I have been cleaning it this afternoon, it's a little pitted into the bargain.
I have been scouring the www. and finally found a couple of images of the part # .And it basically looks like fiber washers ,which I have plenty off, and as there are no fiber washers between that steel plate and the rubber seal, I'll assume they are awol so I'll stick two in there and see what happens.
Thanks for the response.

Back