Logo

Honda BF130 not starting - help please

antoine

Hi Guys
I have a bf130, not starting at all. When turning the ignition key ON, the high pressure pump is working, but no voltage on the injectors. Checked all wiring, + from the main relay is coming but - from the ESM is not. Checked for codes but no codes are present.

Went even through all the harness and checked all sensors. Was suspicious with the Map sensor so i changed it with a new one. Checked even all other sensors and seems that they are working fine. Checked resistance of injectors and they are around 14ohms (as per manual)

Any idea please

Is the starter working?

Do you have fuel to the spark plugs?

When did it last run well? Are you just digging it out of winter storage?

Is the starter working?

Do you have fuel to the spark plugs?

When did it last run well? Are you just digging it out of winter storage?

it was running till 3 weeks ago
starter is working fine. seems that the ecu not getting the injectors to work

We need a little more information here. When you turn the ignition on, do ypu get two beeps from the alarm? Do you have spark, you mention injectors are not working, if you have spark then you probably have an ECU issue.If you don't have spark it could be a crank angle sensor and so on. Do you have 12v to the injectors? Answer these questions and I will try and help you.

We need a little more information here. When you turn the ignition on, do ypu get two beeps from the alarm? Do you have spark, you mention injectors are not working, if you have spark then you probably have an ECU issue.If you don't have spark it could be a crank angle sensor and so on. Do you have 12v to the injectors? Answer these questions and I will try and help you.

Thanks for helping out.

I can hear the 2 beeps, and the high pressure pump works when I turn the key on. I checked the spark and I have too. Somewhere I read that when I turn the key on I should have 12v on the injectors for some seconds, but I don`t. The + coming from the main relay to the injectors is fine.

This is not making sense, generally if you have spark you should have an injector pulse, both the coils and the injectors share the same power supply. Do you have access to a noid light to check injector signal? So if you have 12v to your coils but not the injectors, then ypu have a broken wire (yellow/black)

This is not making sense, generally if you have spark you should have an injector pulse, both the coils and the injectors share the same power supply. Do you have access to a noid light to check injector signal? So if you have 12v to your coils but not the injectors, then ypu have a broken wire (yellow/black)

I will check with an led light connected to the connector of the injectors and let you know

Checked with an led light and was lightning. I managed to start the motor, but with the map sensor disconnected from air intake (still connected to plug). When i try to increase gas, or put back the map sensor the motor stops. Checked the idle air valve and looks fine. Checked high pressure fuel pump and seems to be working fine. I don`t have a pressure gauge to check but it looks that there is good pressure. Checked the low pressure pump too and its fine.

Any idea whats next please

Have you done a compression test? You only need compression, spark and fuel to make it go. I would definitely check fuel pressure and also check for water in fuel by draining the fuel rail into a clean container.

Have you done a compression test? You only need compression, spark and fuel to make it go. I would definitely check fuel pressure and also check for water in fuel by draining the fuel rail into a clean container.

Will do a compression test. Fuel checked already, tank pipes and water seperator is all brand new. Yesterday I noticed that the sparkplugs came black. I will check the timing marks today maybe the belt jumped a notch.

If you have good compression it may just be needing a map sensor and a fresh set of spark plugs. Not a lot goes wrong with the efi on these motors

If you have good compression it may just be needing a map sensor and a fresh set of spark plugs. Not a lot goes wrong with the efi on these motors

Was not able to do a compression test yet. The map sensor is brand new. I saw that wires are all corroded, tested continuity on all of them, but resistance will vary. Could it be this the problem?

Possible, yes.Are the terminals in the plug corroded?I know you have a new map sensor, I meant the plugs may have got fouled when the old sensor was in.Do a compression test anyway, I've known of many cases where people have gone in circles trying to get an engine going when it's actually a mechanical problem. Stick to the basics.

Possible, yes.Are the terminals in the plug corroded?I know you have a new map sensor, I meant the plugs may have got fouled when the old sensor was in.Do a compression test anyway, I've known of many cases where people have gone in circles trying to get an engine going when it's actually a mechanical problem. Stick to the basics.

I m getting a guy to do a compression test. The plug is not corroded, but the wire in the harness is all corroded

Back