Logo

10.5” exhaust riser stud hunt!

805HD

Regular Contributor
Got a 1987 cobalt, 454, alpha1. With GLM exhaust manifolds, 3 inch risers and elbows. I’m on the hunt for a 10.5” riser/ elbow stud.

Normally the studs for the risers are 9.5” but I need two of them to be 10.5” to mount my remote oil filter off the elbow. My old one have toasted threads...

Not having much luck locally or on the web, from what I can see you can only get them with the riser kit. Figured it’s worth the ask.

TIA

Right! Buy the all thread plenty long enough and cut them down to what you need.

Jeff

but the threading on the manifold side is course thread.. im sure I could find it. Just think it would be harder to do so!

none the less, EXCELLENT idea. I will look into it.

why do you think the oem studs ARE NOT fully threaded?

good question I suppose...... strength? If I can find thread all that matches the course thread on the manifold side I would imagine it would work out with no issues but I rather use the two originals.

im pretty good at finding stuff online but I can’t even source a part number for the longer studs.

right length but I’m looking for studs. The extra inch over the normal 9.5” stud is so I can mount my remote oil filter off the port side exhaust elbow.

Those would work though, would just assemble “backwards” kinda lol. But the threads into the manifold are pretty corse. Are those bolts specifically for that or something else? They look right in the picture.

I got the manifolds with the risers and elbows coming off the center. NOT the log style.

Last edited:
UPDATE.

found some thread all that fits. Will work perfectly. Thank you Bt Doctur for the options and FastJeff for the fast idea!

Back