Logo

Mercury Outboard 2 Stroke 40hp Tilt Trim Leaking

SeagullRacer

Hi guys

I have a 40Hp Mercury 2 Stroke which has been going great. It has been leaking a bit of fluid from the tilt trim recently. The fluid is white which I have told means salt water has already got in there. On its latest service i mentioned it to the mechanic and he said I can't do anything about it. I've learnt from looking at the tilt trim parts and break downs for my engine and other different types of models that my tilt rim could be one of the few that you can not pull apart, buy new seals for and refill.

I've asked my mechanic and he has told me that I can not do anything about it. He said run it till its dead and either replace or buy a new engine which is pretty expensive and would prefer not to. But you win some you lose some.

So my question to you fine men and women is what options do I have if any in regards to fixing my current leaking tilt trim?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Engine details below

[url]https://www.boats.net/catalog/mercury/outboard-by-hp/40hp/0n056165-up-cat-90-802638006-lightning-xr-international/power-trim-components

0N056165 & Up - Cat.# 90-802638006 - LIGHTNING XR INTERNATIONAL[/URL]
My Serial Number 0N087822

Back