Logo

Yamaha Oil Pump

Vampire69

I have a 1999 P175TLRX outboard. When i backed into driveway yesterday with the boat, i noticed engine oil running down the stern of the boat. After lifting the engine cowling, i found the vertical oil line running from the engine mounted oil reservoir to the oil pump assembly had disconnected. The oil line was still attached to a 90 degree brass fitting which had disconnected from the oil pump, not the line. The brass fitting does not appear to have threads that are used to attached to the oil pump. Does anyone know if the brass fitting screws into the oil pump assembly? I am trying to figure out how to reattach it.

Thanks Boscoe. That is indeed the fitting. Not sure why it would have just “popped” out like it did. 300 dollar oil pump for a 20 cent brass fitting.......every time I turn around it’s more money for this dang thing

Since it is on the low pressure side of the pump you might see if it can be press fitted back in. Then maybe devise a clever way to mechanically hold it in place.

If that fitting were to become dislodged however under way I suspect that the motor would be damaged within short order due to a lack of oil. The risk of not buying a new pump.

Back