Logo

1990 evinerude 8 hp hard starting

I first want to thank everyone for the help I have already received on other issues. The problem I now have is that the engine will not start after sitting a few days without a few short puffs of ether, once started it runs fine all day. Idles fine, no hesitation and full throttle is no problem. Last year I had some issues with what I thought may have been related to lack of fuel or ignition problems turned out to be cavitation at WOT. Carburetor and fuel pump were rebuilt , new fuel tank, fuel lines, primer bulb and fuel fittings were installed as they did not come with the engine when purchased. This engine runs perfect once started and warmed up, no problem shutting down and restarting W/O having to use the choke. I don't want to start messing with anything yet just for the sake of doing something, that's not progress. Jersey Bob

Yes, I have a zip tie on the bushing to keep tension on the choke lever to prevent any unwanted movement. If I pull the fuel line off the carb and squeeze the primer bulb I do have fuel flowing

Back