Logo

Hull repair recommendation

hondonh

Damaged my hull last year when I hit some rocks. Need a recommendation on what material to use to complete repairs.

There does not seem to be any leaking so I think the hull is sound structurally. Tapping around the damage produces a solid sound. All of the damage is below water line so I am no concerned with finish quality as I will just paint over the repair. I think I can take care of most of the scrapes with epoxy filler. The worst gouge goes down several layers, though.

I've seen a compound called PC-11 (A and B) that looks promising. It claims to be usable in cooler temps and even cures underwater. I plan to use that for the scrapes. But can I use it for the deep gouge? Or are layers of mesh or strands a better solution? I am located in NH and temps at this time of year are not conducive to curing.

Attachments

• hull5.jpg
    hull5.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 51
  • hull2.jpg
    hull2.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 53
I'd use west system with the high strength (406) filler for the deep gouges...and then use 407 for the final layer...

make sure the gouges are DRY before starting...West system has a guidebook on their www site...

Back