Logo

New BF50 tiller - separate trolling control switch?

supersail

Hi all,
I have searched high and low and talked to several dealers (and even Honda directly), nobody seems to know the answer to this one. I'm hoping some wise member here might be able to help, as I've found all the other answers I needed here.

I am thinking of buying a new BF50 very soon as a re-power to an older Sylvan 16' backtroller. I would need a tiller model, and would really like the variable trolling speed switch - I know it's not on the tiller handle, but mounted somewhere else is just fine with me. The owners manual states this is an option for the new models, but nobody seems to know for sure if that's correct. Does anyone have this unique combination and/or know if this is possible?

I'm not completely opposed to moving to a BF60, but if I can save a bit I would - I'm no longer the speed demon I once was, so I really don't need the extra performance of the 60. Not that flying across the water in a light boat with a small tornado strapped to the back doesn't sound interesting and all ;) I'd rather save the weight if possible.

Thanks all!

Back