Logo

Gap between top of transom and outboard mount?

Embarq82

First off sorry, I know this is not exactly an outboard question.

I replaced a BF50 with a BF90. Set to the proper height for my transom, there is now a 1" space between the transom and the mounting bracket. Is it safe to run it with this gap or do we need to place a spacer/bar?

Thanks
Andrew

Attachments

• IMG_4162.jpg
    IMG_4162.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Yup!

This is with the cavitation plate lined up with the bottom? Or maybe I should ask how you arrived at the fact this was the ideal location?

Yup, good to go - for sea trial at the very least. There are weird situations where you may need to drop the cavitation plate below the bottom, but they're unusual. You're right where I would want to be for a 1st run.

Wow! From a 50 to 90hp! So the boat was horribly UNDERPOWERED before?

Just curious.

Yup, 50 was very underpowered when for my 19' Baja Bayrunner, especially with lots of gear on board. 90 is the max for this boat, so trips to Catalina will hopefully be faster!

Catalina? Aha!
I was watching the channel 9 news and weather yesterday and when I saw thier live shot of Avalon I said out loud "look at all those empty moorings".

But not for long!!

I hope that you have a great season with your new 90!

Catalina? Aha!
I was watching the channel 9 news and weather yesterday and when I saw thier live shot of Avalon I said out loud "look at all those empty moorings".

But not for long!!

I hope that you have a great season with your new 90!

Back