Logo

Attn Joe Reeves 25 Horse Johnson What yr

jdkline

Regular Contributor
" Hi Joe,
My dad has a 25HP J

" Hi Joe,
My dad has a 25HP Johnson with over the hub exhaust. Model # is J25TECSA He's ahving problems with tilt and trim. He says that the motor will not stay in a tilted position. However it can be tilted all the way out of the water and a pin inserted to keep it that way. Do you know anything about the tilt and trim on these engines and what if anything might be wrong with it? Is this model even equipped with a shallow water drive? Thanks. I do appreciate your time. "

"JD..... The engine is a 1980

"JD..... The engine is a 1980 25hp Johnson. If you're speaking of a electric/hydraulic operated Power/Tilt/Trim assy, I'm not aware of any 25hp being equipped with the unit. If you're speaking of something else, go into a little more detail and state the actual problem.

If you're saying that when you tilt the engine by hand, that it won't stay in that position, simply tighten the tension nut that you'll find on one end of the tilt rod (the threaded rod goes from one transom bracket to the other, at the front).

Joe
"

" Thanks. I didn't mean P

" Thanks. I didn't mean Power Tilt and Trim, I meant a manual or power assist unit. We'll try what you said and see where that takes us. Thanks again.
J.D. "

Back