Logo

Aq151 water problem

Hi can anyone advise, I have a sealine fitted with an aq151 a gas engine, I went to start it and the starter fired but did not turn the engine. Strip the stater and all is working as it should. Refitted the stater and still on turn engine once but notice liquid blowing out of carb, water petrol mix.
I strip the carb an lifted the intake manifold off and intake 4 and 3
Were full of water. Can any help with an answer

Without history I'm, just guessing... so....
1) If you live in a winter freeze area, engine not properly winterized and issue could be anything from a bad head gasket to a cracked head and or block.
2) If in a no freeze area or properly winterized...
a) engine overheated and gasket damage...
b) Exhaust elbow rotted dumping seawater into engine
c) Exhaust manifold rotted, dumping seawater into engine

Thanks for the posting possible cause, I thought maybe head gasket damage as the engine had over heated previously as the rawwater pump linkage had snapped, what confusing me is the water in the manifold in clear and clean whereas the coolant is pink. The raw water coolant for the harbour it is birthed in is brackish and high in algi, neither of these tie in the water in the manifold.

Hi thanks for your reply, think I got to the root cause the engine was hydrolock, took the inlet manifold off and engine turned on starter blow water out of the inlet vents. Ihave to ilft the head off to check but it looks like one or more ot the exhaust valves are stuck open therefore sucking raw water up the exhaust outlet in to the engine.
No damage to the cylinder and no water in the oil hopefully just a cylinder head rebuild.

Back