Logo

Dry Fit Exhaust Elbow - OEM or Aftermarket ?

abl1111

Regular Contributor
Need to replace these on 5.7L 350/ 300hp closed cooling system (Horizon)

A few questions:

• Is there a difference in quality between OEM and aftermarket with these ? If not, which aftermarket is recommended ?
  • Seems like there's only one part #, are they interchangeable for either side of the engine ?

Thank you !

If a full system using a SS bkock off plate then standard 4 inch center rise
If dry joint, then a standard 4 inch dry joint
I have used oem and aftermarket. Can see no difference except the price

It’s a fully closed set up; the only part that gets raw water are the elbows. There’s a SS plate between the manifold and the elbow with the center open, the two other ‘round’ outlets are sealed by the SS plate...

Any after mkt brand you prefer ?

Last edited:
The price between OEM and Aftermarket is minimal. OEM always.
What he said...

Should warn you that the last time I bought a pair of OEM 5.7 dryjoints, the tapped holes for the water fittings had not been masked off in production before part was painted... you will need to clean out those holes with a tap before attempting to install the blockoff plug and the water line. Also note that the CORRECT SS blocking plate between the elbow and the manifold has a exhaust passage hole that has condensation trap and therefore should only be installed per the (typical) "this side up " marking.

Last edited:
Thx guys.
I’m being lazy by not looking this up, but does adhesive go between gasket and manifold, then again between manifold and elbow ? And if so, the entire area or just the round holes ?

Back