Logo

2007 md50b possible FFP fault

Xiphias82

Hi all.

Still chasing an issue with my outboard. 2007 tldi md50b. Recently had the compressor replaced.and.was advised.by the mechanic it was running beautifully. Got it home. Started it once and it ran for ten minutes or so then stopped. Hasn't started since, cranks fine but doesn't even kick. Initially I could hear the FFP run when I click starter to on,.but now nothing. Can't hear it at all. NO codes.on.tiller handle when I try to start it.

The shop advised they had issues running it of my battery leads and they only tested with shop leads. I have now replacedy battery leads as I was already suspect of them. No change

Want to confirm a couple.of details about FFP operation. I figured I would check if there was power to it. Undid the connector, put a multimeter across it. Getting 12.77 volts of the FFP lead with the ignition off (weird). Move the ignition to on and the voltage drops to 10.9 volts ( or thereabouts). Also weird. Is this normal operation? Its not what I expected.

Is it likely I could resolve something dismantling and checking the FFP assembly? I have the service manual with notes on how to do this. Just want to clarify a couple of points.with this. The hoses all seem to be connected basically with plastic cable tie, is this correct and if i do disassemble should I I look for.something other than cable ties to reassemble.correctly. also when I reassemble, should I refill any of it with petrol, or will.ot.reprime itself.just from the primer and FFP( if it works)

Thanks for any help

Matt

Just put 12v to the pump and see if it turns. sometimes they can get stuck. If so, you may be able to clean it; otherwise you will need new.
The high pressure side uses oitker clamps. You must use those at the high pressures involved. The low pressure side uses the typical ss clips for low pressure fuel systems.

Back