Logo

Yamaha 115 4 stoke

mmallott

Good afternoon, i changed the oil and water separator on my Yamaha 115 4 stroke. I filled the filter up with gas before installing and let it run in idle for 20 minutes, everything sounded good? I put my boat in the water, and it cranked right up and idle and during no wake it ran and sounded good. I give it gas in about 30 seconds or less it starting sputtering and running rough, went back to slow speed and ran good. Tried several times to accelerate and the same, sputtering and running rough. Anyone, can help man i would appreciate it, thank you.

Good afternoon, i changed the oil and water separator on my Yamaha 115 4 stroke. I filled the filter up with gas before installing and let it run in idle for 20 minutes, everything sounded good? I put my boat in the water, and it cranked right up and idle and during no wake it ran and sounded good. I give it gas in about 30 seconds or less it starting sputtering and running rough, went back to slow speed and ran good. Tried several times to accelerate and the same, sputtering and running rough. Anyone, can help man i would appreciate it, thank you. I would like to add that i had to change where the filter is mounted, i probably am answering my own question. Where i moved the filter the fuel line coming from the tank is coming straight up, could this be causing the issue with not enough flow? Thanks

Back